Monday, November 17, 2008

Locks and trees....

Today was all over the place. Mark is away in Dhalgren VA and will be home Friday night. So a typical Monday is hectic around here.

Meghan got off to school no problem. I had our babysitter Megan come over to watch Tyler so I could get some errands done. That went smoothly too. I got a great deal on an artificial christmas tree at Garden Ridge. It was a $299 tree that I got for $99. Its a pre lit one that is 7 1/2 ft tall and I think there are 800 lights on it.

I walked up to the school to get Meghan and when we got back, took Tyler out of the stroller and put the stroller in the car. Shut the car and rummaged for my keys.....yea, the keys that were still in the baby stroller. The car was locked. So I panicked for a brief moment. Called my girlfriend (she has a key to my house) but of course her cell phone was off and I did not have her husbands new cell number. So I called a locksmith....I waited 90 minutes for this guy to get here. He got the car open but charged me $80....ridiculous. But I got the keys. What ever I saved on the Christmas tree went right into the pocket of the lock smith. Meghan had a dentist appt that I had to cancel because we were still waiting for the locksmith. The dentist office was wonderful and rescheduled it for next week.

I really hope tomorrow is better....I still can't believe I did that!!

No comments: