Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Meghan turns 5!


So I realized that I have not posted anything since August. *sigh*


In September Meghan turned 5:) She was so excited for her birthday. On her actual day she got to bring in some cupcakes for special snack. It was very exciting. Her teacher is really funny. There is a rule about only healthy snacks being brought in for parties, etc. I understand the rule fully, but its a birthday. I talked to her teacher and she was cool about bringing in the cupcakes. I called Farm Fresh (supermarket) and spoke to our buddy "Patrick" in the bakery. Let me digress for a bit...Patrick has taken so many of our orders for birthday cakes, christening cakes, etc that he always comes over to say hello if he sees us in the store. He is always getting the kids a cookie as we pass by the bakery. ANYWAYS, we ordered "rainbow" colored cupcakes. They came out great. Meghan's teacher told me to put the box in Tyler's stroller so the "sugar police" would not stop us;) She then hid them in her supply closet. Anyways, the kids fully enjoyed their "contraband" cupcakes!

Meghan had a birthday party here at the house that next weekend. There were no kids from her class since her birthday was the first week of school and she really did not know them. We had some neighbors, friends, Navy family friends and friends from Gymboree days, and friends from preschool. There were about 12 kids total with moms and dads. Of course it was a Barbie princess party! We had pizza for dinner, had some arts and crafts, played games, played in the yard and had the pinata. We had some tired little people leaving at the end of the party. Meghan melted my heart at the end of the night....she said "mommy thank you for the great party...you make good parties;)"

I still can't believe that my daughter is 5. I clearly remember the day she entered the world--3 weeks early! I went to the hospital that morning because I was having a reaction Amoxicillin and felt like crap. Mark had duty...I called him and told him that I was heading to the Naval Hospital. I got there first...the doctors confirmed that I was having a bad allergic reaction. Since I was there, they checked me because apparently the fetal monitor that I was hooked up to was showing I was having some good contractions. Well, they checked....and I was in Labor. I was 4 cm dilated and they told me that I was going to have Meghan that day! I was crying (happy...yet scared!). Mark walked in and saw me crying and thought something was wrong--I told him Meghan was going to be born that day. Meghan was born at 8:18pm that night. :)


No comments: