Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Storytelling....

So now that Meghan is in Kindergarten all day, when she sees me at pick up (3:15pm) she shares her whole day with me;)

So today she was going on and on that she "kinda" threw up, then in another sentence she said she was sent to the office, and a few minutes later she told me she she spilled her drink at lunch and cried. OK, its quite a day with some drama, but I went ahead and emailed her teacher to see if any of this was true. As I mentioned before her teacher is a sweetheart and has a great sense of humor. Well, her response was "if all that happened, its complete news to me". OMG, I feel like an idiot. This lady must think I am a nut!

The email went on to say that Meghan was upset today because her friend Peyton was moving away. Yesterday was her last day. They sat together in the classroom and at lunch and played together with the other kids too. Meg was so sad her friend was leaving. I talked to her about it and explained that as a Navy family there is always the chance of moving away. She immediately thought we were moving and cried. After settling her down, I assured her that were were not moving right now...at least for not another 2 years.

No comments: